Denim Jacket Detail
Denim Jacket Detail
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
Style

How to Style Sorority Apparel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Ever since I joined a sorority, I’ve gotten a surplus of sorority shirts and apparel. Oftentimes I wonder how I can make my sorority apparel match my own style so I can show off my letters confidently. I have a lot of different styles of shirts since I’ve been in a sorority for a year, I have found different ways to style outfits with them that is more than just jeans and a t-shirt!

1. Jacket

I find pairing outfits with the right jacket can make all the difference. A jean jacket can look more relaxed, and a leather jacket can seem more put together. The good thing about this for me is that a lot of the sorority shirts I’ve received are unisex tops, which are very wide on my petite body. Pulling a small jacket over it can hide the wide arms and make the shirt more form fitting.  

2. Sporty

Wearing a sorority top with a sweater and a pair of leggings is an adorable outfit for walking around campus. You can also wear a neutral comfortable outfit and pair it with a sorority letters baseball cap. Places such as Etsy make custom sorority letter sweaters and crewnecks, so you can be comfortable and cute in class wearing a one of a kind set of letters.

3. Dressy

Tucking a top into a skirt can be a good way to make a regular top seem dressier. It makes a nice outfit for events such as recruitment and bid night! Pairing letters with a pair of jeans and a blazer can also dress up your letters in a more relaxed way.

4. Tied

A lot of my sorority shirts are long (and as mentioned above, unisex and therefore unflattering on my small frame). Twisting and tying a knot in the back is practical because it can make larger tops fit a little better. It’s also a really cute style and can be replicated on any shirt whether or not you’re trying to make it fit better or not.

Kheyra King

Concordia CA '21

Kheyra King is a Montreal-born city girl studying English Literature at Concordia University. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Concordia and the Vice President of Recruitment of Delta Phi Epsilon. She loves coffee dates, traveling and pasta. You will definitely catch her studying at the local Starbucks or Webster Library.
Kami Katopodis

Concordia CA '19

President of HC Concordia • Poet • Major in Human Relations • Minor in Diversity in the Contemporary World •