This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

As the holidays are approaching, there’s nothing better than cozying up with good friends and some delicious, refreshing drinks. Here are some tasty and boozy drink recipes to satisfy all your seasonal cravings:

Spiked Apple Cider

1 1/2 cups apple cider

Pinch of Cinnamon

Pinch of Nutmeg

3/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup

apple slices for garnish if desired

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the cinnamon and nutmeg with the cider, lemon juice, and syrup to the shaker. Shake until well combined. Pour into the desired container to serve. Garnish with apple slices.

Mulled Wine

1 Bottle of red wine

1 Orange, sliced into rounds

6 Cloves

3 Sticks of cinnamon

3 Star anise

¼ Cup honey

½ Cup brandy

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients. Bring them to a simmer, then turn heat to low and allow to simmer for ten more minutes. Remove the whole spices and serve warm in mugs. Finally, garnish with an orange slice and cinnamon stick.

Cranberry Hot Toddy

6 ounce Cranberry vodka

1 pint Cranberry juice

2 ounce fresh lemon juice

3 tsp. Honey

A few dashes angostura bitters

1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Cinnamon stick (garnish)

In a saucepan, add all ingredient except vodka, bring up to a high simmer, just before it starts boiling. Let mixture stand for a minute. Add vodka and stir. Pour into a heat-proof glass and garnish.

Candy Cane Martini

2 ounces vodka

1 ounce white creme de menthe

½ ounce of Chambord

¼ ounce simple syrup

A drop of peppermint

Candy canes to garnish

Into a shaker add ice, vodka, white creme de menthe, and Chambord. Shake well. Dip the rim of the glass in some simple syrup. Crush up your candy cane and rim glass with it. Pour shaken mixture into glass, garnish with an extra candy cane.

Cranberry-Apple Sangria

1/2 c. whole cranberries

2 apples, diced and tossed with lemon juice

1 c. apple cider

1/4 c. cranberry juice

1 bottle white wine

1 c. Seltzer water

Thinly sliced apple, for garnish

Add the fruits to a pitcher. Pour wine, juices, cider, and seltzer over the fruit, and stir. Cover pitcher and refrigerate for about one hour. Serve with thin apple slices for garnish.

Aviva Majerczyk

Concordia CA '21

Aviva is a Communication and Cultural Studies student in her second year at Concordia University. While originally Canadian, she spent most of her life in Virginia, USA. Coming from a small town, she's happy to finally make Montreal home. When not writing or studying, Aviva enjoys forcing her friends to listen to music she recommends, watching video essays on Youtube, and finding new ways to cook zucchini.
Amanda is a Journalism and Creative Writing major at Concordia University in Montreal. Writing has been her passion for as long as she can remember, and is the reason why she's been pursuing it throughout her University career. She has been working on a novel-length story since high school that she hopes to one day publish. Journalism pricked her interest in her last year of high school when she took an optional class. Amanda joined a group in class, and they had to make a plan for a contest on how they would document the humanitarian work in Peru. They won first place, and had the chance of traveling to a small community in Peru where they had the chance to interview and meet volunteers and citizens. It was at that moment that Amanda knew what she wanted to do in life.