Festive Drink Recipes to Get You In the Holiday Mood

As the holidays are approaching, there’s nothing better than cozying up with good friends and some delicious, refreshing drinks. Here are some tasty and boozy drink recipes to satisfy all your seasonal cravings:

Spiked Apple Cider

1 1/2 cups apple cider

Pinch of Cinnamon

Pinch of Nutmeg

3/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup

apple slices for garnish if desired

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the cinnamon and nutmeg with the cider, lemon juice, and syrup to the shaker. Shake until well combined. Pour into the desired container to serve. Garnish with apple slices.

Mulled Wine

1 Bottle of red wine

1 Orange, sliced into rounds

6 Cloves

3 Sticks of cinnamon

3 Star anise

¼ Cup honey

½ Cup brandy

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients. Bring them to a simmer, then turn heat to low and allow to simmer for ten more minutes. Remove the whole spices and serve warm in mugs. Finally, garnish with an orange slice and cinnamon stick.

Cranberry Hot Toddy

6 ounce Cranberry vodka

1 pint Cranberry juice

2 ounce fresh lemon juice

3 tsp. Honey

A few dashes angostura bitters

1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Cinnamon stick (garnish)

In a saucepan, add all ingredient except vodka, bring up to a high simmer, just before it starts boiling. Let mixture stand for a minute. Add vodka and stir. Pour into a heat-proof glass and garnish.

Candy Cane Martini

2 ounces vodka

1 ounce white creme de menthe

½ ounce of Chambord

¼ ounce simple syrup

A drop of peppermint

Candy canes to garnish

Into a shaker add ice, vodka, white creme de menthe, and Chambord. Shake well. Dip the rim of the glass in some simple syrup. Crush up your candy cane and rim glass with it. Pour shaken mixture into glass, garnish with an extra candy cane.

Cranberry-Apple Sangria

1/2 c. whole cranberries

2 apples, diced and tossed with lemon juice

1 c. apple cider

1/4 c. cranberry juice

1 bottle white wine

1 c. Seltzer water

Thinly sliced apple, for garnish

Add the fruits to a pitcher. Pour wine, juices, cider, and seltzer over the fruit, and stir. Cover pitcher and refrigerate for about one hour. Serve with thin apple slices for garnish.