This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Christmas treats are one of the best things about the holiday season. Between Christmas cookies, candy canes and everything flavoured with mint, it’s easy to indulge and treat yourself to one of the holiday’s best desserts.

What isn’t always easy is baking. I don’t consider myself a terrible baker, but the easier the recipe, the better my life will be. Because I love baking for the holidays, there’s one recipe that never fails me: Oreo truffles. I appreciate recipes that don’t include ingredients that are too costly, and this recipe is just that. I love this recipe because it is so quick to make and it’s a huge hit wherever I take them.

There are hundreds of variations of this recipe on Pinterest and across the internet, but it is featured specifically on Kraft. The most basic recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:

1 (8 oz) package of softened cream cheese

36 Oreos, crushed

4 (4 oz) packages of semi-sweet baking chocolate

Preparation:

Mix the cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well mixed.

Shape the mix into 1 inch balls.

Dip the balls into melted chocolate and set onto a baking sheet.

Freeze at least an hour, or until firm.

That’s it! Other variations include garnishes such as extra cookie crumbs or candy canes, and some include adding some peppermint extract into the mix. No matter what, this recipe will remain easy. It’s handy to hang onto in case you find yourself needed a holiday treat quickly.

Kheyra King

Concordia CA '21

Kheyra King is a Montreal-born city girl studying English Literature at Concordia University. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Concordia and the Vice President of Recruitment of Delta Phi Epsilon. She loves coffee dates, traveling and pasta. You will definitely catch her studying at the local Starbucks or Webster Library.
Amanda is a Journalism and Creative Writing major at Concordia University in Montreal. Writing has been her passion for as long as she can remember, and is the reason why she's been pursuing it throughout her University career. She has been working on a novel-length story since high school that she hopes to one day publish. Journalism pricked her interest in her last year of high school when she took an optional class. Amanda joined a group in class, and they had to make a plan for a contest on how they would document the humanitarian work in Peru. They won first place, and had the chance of traveling to a small community in Peru where they had the chance to interview and meet volunteers and citizens. It was at that moment that Amanda knew what she wanted to do in life.