Style

The Women Scoring Best Dressed Courtside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

It’s no doubt NBA players pull out their best fits for the paparazzi-filled walk to the court on game day, but the women on the sidelines take over the fashion department once they step into the stadium. Take a timeout from the athletes and check out what these best dressed ladies wore to cheer on their favorite teams over the seasons.

Keyshia Ka’Oir

Keyshia Ka’Oir was the [Gucci] “Mane” attraction at this year’s All-Star game. The light blue and pink color combination was well worth the risk, and the bandeau made of feathers was an even better one. It was an angelic look that no suit and tie could compete with.

Winnie Harlow

As it’s hard to choose between the many iconic looks the model has premiered at basketball games, this vibrant blue Byblos set could be considered her most coordinated one yet. The model made the court her runway as the nylon strands swung side by side along with her toned legs.

Rihanna

The singer’s grey Christopher Kane two-piece camouflage dress added the ultimate edge to the crowd in Brooklyn, while her bold Air Jordan XX8 Quickstrike red sneakers caught the attention of even the players.

Emily Ratajkowski

If Cher Horowitz attended a basketball game in the ’90s, this is what she would wear. Serving up major “Clueless” vibes, this yellow checkered jumpsuit may match the court, but the outfit in entirety stood out. It’s a classic girl-next-door attire.

Teyana Taylor

Ultimate cool girl Teyana Taylor tames it down and showed up to watch the Lakers in a puffer coat and joggers. The details of the coat and precise matching with her shoes keep her one of the most stylish in the game. She never misses when it comes to street style.

Kendell Jenner

Kendell Jenner’s over-the-knee boots were made for walking, and that’s just what they’ll do all the way down to the front row. A pair of flashy shoes always walk the court when this model comes to town (usually LA), but these black and white wired ones are by far the most stunning.

Gabrielle Union

The 2018 All-Star game is brought to you by Gabrielle Union and her Brothers Vellies feather heels.. Paired with a white trench coat by Sergio Hudson, she accompanied husband and former NBA player, Dwayne Wade, fitting right in with the all-star style.

Khloe Kardashian

The blonde bombshell, at the time, offset her locks with an all-black outfit. Although she had already caught attention leaving the game after cheering on ex Tristan Thompson, her Saint Laurent ostrich boots take credit for much of that attention.

Beyonce

Beyoncé brought a new meaning to wearing your team’s colors when she wore this head-to-toe-to-finger Marine Serre seamlesss set. The black base and red crescent shapes represented her hometown of Houston in a way that’s never been done before. It was truly a “Homecoming” look to remember.

Jhené Aiko

Jhené Aiko went with a sexy out-of-office ensemble to watch the Lakers with boyfriend Big Sean. This velvet red pantsuit proves she did not come to play.

Ally Stegman

Columbia Chicago '21

aspiring magazine writer with a passion for pop culture and fashion