Spring has finally sprung…unless you live in Chicago. But, with warmer weather on the way, new trends are bound to pop up; especially in the beauty category. While the winged cat-eye remains queen of the makeup game, beauty gurus and Instagram influencers are sporting slight modifications to the beauty trends we know and love. Check out some of our favorites below!
Photo Courtesy of Tadashi Shoji
1. Under eyeshadow: Forget everything you know about traditional makeup rules. The idea that to less is more when it comes to your under eye is no longer true. Tadashi Shoji took this to heart this spring when his models took to the runway with intense aqua swept eyes and concentrated under eyes. Think of it as a reverse smoky eye.
Photo Courtesy of @patrickta
2. Accentuated inner circles: Struggling with dark circles? No worries. This season we’re accentuating the inner circles with more than just your sparkly champagne eyeshadow. We’ve seen celebs such as Shay Mitchell pose for pictures with a subtle light pink pressed into that inner corner. Who says color is just for your crease anyway? Breakthrough the drab of winter with a pop of color.
Photo Courtesy of InStyle
3. Negative Space eyeliner: If you struggle with the traditional cat eye then this look might take a bit of practice, but Bella Hadid did it so it’s a trend. Instead of filling in your eyeliner, leave it as just the outline of the cat eye. This is less intense but perfect addition to your evening look. Pair it with a black jumpsuit and a bold shoe to really make a statement.
Photo Courtesy of @limecrimemakeup
4. Metallic Lipsticks: This next trend is giving the bold lip a new name. Don’t fret, bold lips are here to stay and the color this year is a bright pink. Top your bright pink, Legally Blonde esque lips with a metallic shimmer to give you some extra summery vibes. We’ve seen shimmers and highlighters take over face make up and now it’s made its way to the lips.
Photo Courtesy of Glossy LaLa
5. Mirrored Nails: These have been everywhere on the runways this year and you can’t deny how chic and edgy they look. Say goodbye to matte and hello mirrored. A new mani is the cure for any stressful day or week so what are you waiting for? Book an appointment and make your nails the topic of every conversation.