This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Fall is the season for layering.  And what better way to have your personal style shine through than a fabulous jacket?  This fall is all about crazy colors, detailed textures, and long lengths.  Which one will you be sporting this season? 

1. THE FUR COAT (FAUX, OF COURSE)

Fur coats are the definition of glam, especially when purchased in a color such as light pink or white.  Not only do they keep you warm, but they can dress up any outfit in an instant!

The Her Campus Colum picks: Missguided and Forever 21  

2) THE LONGLINE DUSTER

Dusters are the perfect minimalistic-chic jacket.  Plus, they’re great for layering!  With their typically light-weight material, you can throw it over a chunky sweater and leggings for a casual yet street-style worthy look.

The Her Campus Colum picks: Boohoo and Forever 21

3) THE CLASSIC WOOL JACKET

A nice wool jacket will never go out of style — they’re a timeless piece.  They can be paired with jeans and sneakers, but can also be worn with heels and trousers.  A wool coat is a go-to piece for a girl who’s always on the move and wants a versatile piece.

The Her Campus Colum Picks: Charlotte Russe and Forever 21

So get ready to embrace fall with a stylish new coat!  And make sure to take blogger-worthy street style pics in it along the way.

Amanda Kaplan

Columbia Chicago

I'm a fashion, beauty, + lifestyle blogger who specializes in cheap chic looks with flairs of bohemian + specks of edgy. I hope to be the next big Fashion Editor sitting front row at NYFW, decked out in Moschino and Stuart Weitzman. | Fashion Business + Journalism Major at Columbia College Chicago | | I have been featured in Lucky Magazines online, "Looks we Love". I am a Contributing Editor for Finding Ferdinand NYC. I am a partner with StyleHaul. I also have my own fashion blog, www.brunettewithabudget.com |
Columbia College Chicago