This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Trader Joe’s is the end-all-be-all of college groceries. It’s cheap. It’s healthy. It’s delicious. It’s addictive.

I know at my school, you can find students within every aisle between each class, searching for their next snack. Everyone goes grocery shopping there weekly, because it’s affordable and yummy. Here are the best snacks and deals for you to remember the next time you’re walking into T-Joes!

1. Chocolatey Coated Chocolate Chip Dunkers

Courtesy of Amazon

These have been my favorite snack since I was a toddler, but my love for them in college has just skyrocketed. There is nothing better than a giant tub of cookies, in the perfect shape to dunk into a cold glass of milk!

1. Cookie Butter

Courtesy of Trader Joe’s

This is fan favorite for die hard Trader Joe’s fans, along with being one of their best kept secrets. Think peanut butter but sweet. Think a cookie but spreadable.

1. Veggie Straws

Courtesy of Cool Mom Eats

These are on the best snacks they have to offer for 2 reasons. One, it fulfills every salty snack craving you could possibly have. Two, it gives you the appearance to being healthy! They may taste like an unhealthy potato chip, but they’re full of veggies, so they have to be good for you… right?

1. Everything But The Bagel Seasoning

Courtesy of Amazon

This seasoning is one of their most sold products after the glory of it was discovered. I have friends who will sprinkle this on every food they eat. I have one who actually brings the bottle of seasoning and a whole cucumber as a snack, biting and spreading the blend on it as she goes! It’s addictive and makes every food better.

1. Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s

Couretsy of Influenster

Nothing, I repeat, nothing, is better than Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s at Christmas time. Think Oreo, but better in every way. They’re light, fluffy, and they have a subtle peppermint taste. The worst part? They’re only available seasonally.

1. Salsa

Courtesy of Pinterest

Now I have never been a fan of salsa. I can’t handle my spice and typically I would rather eat tortilla chips by themselves. But this salsa has changed the game. It’s cheap, it’s delicious, it’s smooth, and it’s the perfect salsa in the market.

I’m just one college girl in a sea of Trader Joe’s, but these are my favorite (and cheap) desserts and snacks to grab the next time you’re in the store!

Merry Marshall

Columbia Chicago '22

Merry Marshall is a sophomore Musical Theatre major and is always itching to write about something she's passionate about. She loves her home state of Colorado but has fallen in love with the city-vibes of Chicago. She claims to be an expert on traveling and relationship advice. Her interests include sex positivity, Grey's Anatomy, and long walks on the beach (or whatever you call what we see Lake Michigan from).
Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.