This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

As we all know Jada Pinkett Smith recently had a Red Table talk with Jordyn Woods, Kylie Jenner’s ex-best friend about the latest scandal involving her and Tristan Thompson. What some may not know is that Jada seeks to solve the problem within situations like this and other topics involving racism, politics, and relationships. I’m here to tell you why you should watch the Red Table talks that air on Facebook with Jada.

If you’re interested in the latest celebrity news and what’s going on you should check out Jada’s latest talk with Jordyn Woods. Jordyn   recently got caught at a party making out with Tristan Thompson, Kylie Jenner’s sister, Khloe Kardashian’s boyfriend and the father of her child. I bet your thinking, “What in the world is going on? Is Kris Jenner up to this? Is this all happening because of the new season of the Kardashians?” No, Jordyn spills the tea about what really happened that night with Tristan on this episode. We get everything from laughs and tears to who Jordyn really is. Sharing a bond with the Smith family, Jada gives Jordyn a voice to tell the truth.

Another episode to watch would be the talk titled, “What men really think about love”, starring rapper, Wale and Jane the Virgin star, Justin Baldoni. We get insight on how men perceive love and relationships. Jada asks questions and turns to her own relationship and how her and Will have had their ups and downs. Jada and Will Smith’s daughter, Willow shares how she saw her mother and father deal with those ups and downs. We also find out that Wale being single and a rapper makes it hard for him to find love that’s pure and genuine.

Jada covers sensitive topics including women from R. Kelly’s docu series that aired on Lifetime. One women, Lisa Vanallen shares details of her decade-long relationship with the R&B singer. This is a two-part episode that shares what torture she went through. The second episode we meet her daughter where she shares how she felt watching the series with her mother. She now seeks relationships with caution and with the guidance of her mother. Jada Pinkett Smith, Adrienne Banfield-Norris and Willow also share how they felt watching the series.

I think we all could say that Jada and Will Smith are relationship goals. But one thing for sure is that we can come to her show for the latest tea sis. Even if it’s just tea we learn from her about the do’s and don’ts of relationships and the hard times women go through. Jada’s daughter and mother share the table with her in most of these episodes. FIlling us with the best advice we can learn from these talks as women and men how to deal with these issues.

Ashley Johnson

Columbia Chicago '20

Multimedia Journalism student with a minor in Creative Advertising at Columbia College Chicago. I have a passion for writing about fashion, music, lifestyle, and pop culture.
Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.