The October Bucket List Everyone Should Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Fall is officially here, reminding us how much we will miss summer and preparing us for the long winter months to come. October is the last month we get to go outside and not immediately want to move to California. The upside is there are a few fun things to do that wouldn’t be the same if we weren’t in the Midwest. Here’s a bucket list to make the most of October before we start hibernating for the winter.  

1. Get a pumpkin-and actually carve your pumpkinI get a pumpkin every year, but I don’t think I’ve actually carved one since 5th grade. It’s time to restart that tradition. 

2. Make alcoholic apple ciderThere is no better way to enjoy apple cider than with a little bit of rum. 

3. Binge watch old Disney Halloween moviesHalloween wouldn’t be the same without Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown. Look up a list of all the Disney Channel Original Halloween Movies to complete your binge. 

4. Bake pumpkin pieAnd have a store bought one in the fridge for when yours fails. 

5. Go apple pickingBundle up, take the drive, and enjoy spending the day outside for one of the last times! All Season’s Apple Orchard is my favorite and can help you cross off #1 & #6!

6. Get lost in a corn mazeWhat other season invites you to get trapped in a field of corn?!

7. Have a pumpkin spice latteEvery day, no exceptions. 

8. Spend hours looking at Halloween costumes on PinterestI know we all probably do this anyway but it really does get you excited for all the possibilities you have to pretend your someone else for a night..or three. 

9. Visit a haunted houseI’m not saying we all have to go to Statesville, that place is just insane, but it is always fun to go to a haunted area or a local haunted house. Just look at how much fun these people are having…

10. Go tailgatingTailgating is something everyone should do at least once a year. There’s nothing better than drinks, family and friends (in that order). If you can handle it, you might even make it to the football game!

11. Spend that cashJackets, boots, hats, gloves, and scarves are all necessities now. Splurge at your favorite store and don’t regret a thing! Let’s be honest, the only things you will be needing money for come winter are Netflix and pizza. 

Kristina Vega

Columbia Chicago

I go to school in the great city of Chicago majoring in fashion business and marketing. I have had multiple jobs in retail and internships in event planning, wholesale, marketing, and blog writing. I love learning new things and going on adventures...&wine, I love wine.