This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

What is your role in our her-campus chapter?

My role is Editor in chief and one of the two Campus Correspondents for the chapter. 

What is your major and why did you pick it?

I’m an advertising major and a photography minor. I decided to go into advertising because I needed a steady job. Compared to photography, which was what I started out with, but I want to be able to apply it to a steady job. So, it’s still a creative outlet for me!

If you could be anywhere in the world instead of at school where would you be? Why?

On a beach. I thrive in warm weather. It’s funny I chose here to go to school, but definitely on a beach just hanging out, reading a book.

What are the things you love most about yourself?

Oh no… I think my sense of humor. I find myself really funny, like I honestly think I’m one of the funniest people I know, but that’s obviously being biased. I think I’m a pretty nice person, and I try to be genuine in who I am.

What is your most defining or proudest moment in life?

My first save as a lifeguard, when I saved a kid from drowning. He wasn’t totally drowning. He was still above the water, but I was like yes! Finally, it’s my time! It sounds scary, but I did it.

What does the perfect day look like to you?

Going to the park and reading. I have this one park back home where I love to just go and sit and read for a couple of hours. And then bring food for a little picnic and invite my friends, and maybe going for a swim. I’m clearly only thinking summer right now, but at the end of the day watch the sunset.

What age do you feel like?

Close to 30. It feels like I should have things figured out and be married and have kids and a career. I know I still have so much time but I feel older.

Rapid fire questions…

Morning or night?

Morning.

Hot or cold?

Hot.

Fries or veggies?

Fries.

Cone or cup?

Cone.

Summer or winter?

Summer.

Favorite pair of shoes of all time?

Vans.

Finish this sentence. Life is all about…?

Finding happiness.

Mia Borowski

Columbia Chicago

Tory Appel

Columbia Chicago

Hello! My name is Tory Appel and I am a student at Columbia College Chicago studying advertising and photography. I am also working at 101.9 the Mix and 100.3 WSHE as a Promotional Assistant, and I'm loving every minute of it! In my free time I like to take portraits, read, and watch scary movies.