This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

I’m the first to admit I’m not the best at doing makeup, but regardless it’s one of my favorite things to do.

Watching YouTube tutorials, walking around Ulta and Sephora and swatching my arm is so satisfying to me. So despite my own lack of skills, here are some products I can’t live without, and allow me to fake it till I make it!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Eyeshadow Pallet

I got this pallet last December, and I love. It finally pushed me to use more than just browns on my lids with my blue eyes, and I’m hooked. Pink-toned shades, followed by shimmer and gold add a fun pop to your typical routine to switch things up.

Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer

I never go without my lip shimmer- specifically in the shade of ‘plum.’ I love how the deep shade looks with my light skin tone and I honestly get away with wearing it all year. It’s all natural too!

Urban Decay All-Night Setting Spray

One of the things I’m always double checking when I leave for a trip, do I have my setting spray? It really makes your entire look be complete and helps you stay looking fresh all day I really can’t go without it.

Becca Cosmetics Highlight

I’ve had this highlight in the shade ‘Opal’ for well over a year and I it’s like I’ve barely made a dent! Highlight is my favorite thing to add to the end of my look, and it keeps those cheekbones poppin. 

Tarte Blush

This shade is literally called ‘paaarty’! I’ll admit I was against the use of blush for awhile until Kennedy Walsh and Snitchery on YouTube showed me how far it can go. Adding it to the cheeks and the tip of your nose looks great with fair skin and gives you an innocent and cute finish to your routine.

Born This Way Concealer

This stuff works! My deeply dark under eyes can attest. Any blemish, eye circles, or even if you need to add a little highlighted/contour this works. I also just get the travel size for $13 and it lasts me for months!

Sample sizes always save me if you’re on a budget, and all of these products retail at either Ulta or Sephora. Even if they’re pricier they’ll be worth the extra buck because of how long they last. Hope you enjoyed my list and can add these to your favorite list too!

Olivia Deloian

Columbia Chicago '20

My name is Olivia Deloian and I'm a journalism major at Columbia College Chicago with a focus in News and Features. I'll be graduating in May! I'm currently a production intern with ABC 7's show Windy City Live! A former intern with ABC 7's Consumer I-Team, and NBC 5 Chicago's Investigative Team. I'm also a former staff reporter and editorial leader at the Columbia Chronicle. I have a passion for writing and telling important stories. I'm a self-proclaimed fashionista, and I could spend all day talking about music and movies, and of course The Bachelor. Ask me what I'm listening to today. "Doing what you love is freedom. Loving what you do is happiness." -Lana Del Rey
Ally Stegman

Columbia Chicago '21

aspiring magazine writer with a passion for pop culture and fashion