This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Love is in the air for couples in Hollywood this weekend. With all of the breakups that have occurred, it’s nice to be reminded that love really does exist and it’s proven here. From tying the knot to popping the question, these couples all decided to take the next step in their relationships. So here’s some couples who gave us more symbols and signs of their “yes” and “I do”s this weekend.

Courtesy of New York Times

Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez

This proposal has been a long time coming and thank the heavens it is finally here. The retired baseball player popped the question to the music superstar on Saturday and then posted a picture to their respected Instagrams and broke the internet in the process.

The picture that they posted showed off J. Lo’s engagement ring and wow, A. Rod knew exactly what he was doing. The ring is rumored to be valued at $1 million and the diamond itself about 10-15 carats. But even with the ring, no matter how big, she is still Jenny from the Block.

Courtesy of People

Lea Michele and Zandy Reich

Lea Michele finally gave us the beautiful wedding we were waiting for. The former Glee star married her fiancé Zandy Reich in northern California this past weekend and she looked beautiful with her strapless gown. After losing Cory Monteith, who she had been dating for a while when he passed away, I’m glad to see that she found the man of her dreams and got the wedding that she deserved.

People Magazine, who broke the story, also said that there were some other Glee alumni at Lea and Zandy’s wedding. I can’t wait to see all the photos that come out from the wedding day. I also want to know if any former Glee members sang at the wedding and what memories were relived.

Courtesy of Nash Country Daily

Chuck Wicks and Kasi Williams

It looks like there’s might be a new country love song coming out soon from Chuck Wicks. The country star proposed to his girlfriend Kasi Williams on Thursday while they were on vacation. They both posted to instagram from the proposal itself to popping champagne bottles to celebrate the moment.  

The wedding is destined to be country greatness – especially since Kasi is the sister of another country star: Jason Aldean. What other country stars will be showing up? Will Jason sing at the wedding for the couple or will Chuck serenade his girlfriend? All I know is the photos will be spectacular.

Courtesy of Refinery29

Chance the Rapper and Kristen Corley

Chicago’s very own has finally tied the knot to the love of his life. Chance married his longtime girlfriend Kristen Corley in Newport Beach, California on Saturday. The couple has technically been married since the end of 2018 but they had their big wedding reception this weekend – and the guest list was star-studded.

Chance and Kristen share a daughter together who was the flower girl for the big day. There was a photo booth in a reception and the pictures have started to make their way onto Instagram for all of us to see. I can’t wait to see Kristen in her dress and see videos of the dance floor circulating around. Maybe the festivities will even follow them back to the Windy City.

Congratulations to all of these couples!

Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.
Ally Stegman

Columbia Chicago '21

aspiring magazine writer with a passion for pop culture and fashion