This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Festival season has officially reigned upon us. This weekend is weekend one of Coachella – which is one of, if not the, biggest music festival out there. And this year has been a big one, seeing as though this is Coachella’s 20th year anniversary.

Headliners like Ariana Grande and Childish Gambino with a bunch of other incredible artists performing and some surprise guest appearance. The outfits this year are unforgettable and ready to slay the game. The art scene isn’t as much in quantity but it sure is in quality this year. In case you wanted to feel like you were there through more than just social media, the festival is/ was live streamed by YouTube, so you can say you were there without leaving the comfort of your own bed. The footage might be out there somewhere in case you weren’t able to catch it live for your viewing pleasure.

Some of the most talked about performances so far are: the appearance of k-pop with BLACKPINK’s performance at the festival, Idris Elba rocking the stage with his DJ set (raise your hand if you knew about this!), KAcey Musgraves giving a concert worthy of golden hour lighting and many more. We even had a surprise guest appearance from the queens Selena Gomez and Cardi B to sing their hit, “Taki Taki” during DJ Snake’s set. And with today being Sunday, I’m sure the goddess Ariana Grande and her performance are going to break the internet until next week’s set.

There have also been many celebrity sightings this year at Coachella. From Brooklyn Beckham to Gigi Hadid, Kylie Jenner to Darren Criss and his wife – everyone is getting their dose if Indio and all it has to offer for the weekend. The outfits have left nothing and everything left to the imagination at the same time and boho making it’s star appearance as always.

If this is only the first weekend of Coachella, what can happen next weekend when we do it all over again?! Who knows?! But it’s going to be a blast.

In case if you haven’t seen any photos from weekend one of Coachella, here are some favorites for you. Enjoy!

Courtesy of Teen Vogue

Courtesy of E! Online

Courtesy of E! Online

Courtesy of Instagram

Courtesy of Instagram

Courtesy of Instagram

Courtesy of Instagram

Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.