Jackson Thomas ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

We wanted to bring you guys a little something different for our last week at Her Campus Colum. Shardae and I decided to make ourselves Campus Cutie and Campus Celebrity for this week. Here’s a last chance to get to know your favorite Campus Correspondents and what they’re all about!
Happy graduation, everybody!!! Cheers!

Name: Jackson Thomas

Age: 22 years old

Current year/grade: Senior

Expected graduating year: 2011

Major: Magazine Journalism

A few interesting things you’d like to share about yourself: I absolutely love copy editing! I’m originally from Cleveland. I love writing about the LGBTQ community and hope to make it one of my specialities some time in the future. I’m a big believer in karma and always try to surround myself with positive energy and positive people. I’m obsessed with “RuPaul’s Drag U,” “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” “Family Guy,” lemon-flavored Arizona iced tea and Chipotle.

Zodiac sign: Cancer

Favorite color: Any shade of green as long as it doesn’t look like vomit!

Favorite food: Anything spicy. The spicier the better!

Biggest pet peeve: People who don’t say “excuse me” when they bump into you!

Favorite song at the moment: Nicki Minaj featuring Drake – “Moment 4 Life”

Favorite place to shop: H&M, Forever 21, Express, Urban Outfitters

Jackson is a senior magazine journalism major at Columbia College Chicago, class of 2011. Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, Jackson transferred to Columbia during his sophomore year and considers Chicago to be second home. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Columbia, Jackson also works as the copy chief for The Columbia Chronicle, Columbia's student-run newspaper, and at Echo, Columbia's student-run magazine, as the fact checking/copy chief and online editor. Jackson especially loves writing about the LGBTQ community and hopes to make it one of his specialities sometime in the future. While being a big believer in karma, Jackson always tries to surround himself with positive energy and positive people. A few of Jackson's favorite things: RuPaul's Drag Race, Family Guy, lemon-flavored Arizona iced tea and Chipotle.