nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Internet Male Hotties Make Us Swoon in Calvin Klein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Ladies and gentlemen, feel free to not keep your calm because I most certainly am not. This past week, Calvin Klein released their campaign “OUR NOW”, which featured some familiar faces like Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky. The internet has been going crazy, however, about who else is in that campaign. The internet’s boyfriend, Noah Centineo, and resident Canadian dreamboat, Shawn Mendes, has the world swooning, melting and losing their minds breaking the internet – myself included.

The two stripped down to the signature Calvin Klein underwear for a photoshoot and video campaign with Shawn playing his signature guitar and Noah hanging out with friends and riding a bike down the street.

Courtesy of Shawn Mendes’s Twitter

This is a different side of Shawn than we’ve seen before. We’ve never really seen him strip down into his underwear like this, so it’s safe to assume that fans were definitely having their hearts beat out of their chests – and I can’t say that I blame them. We got a bit of a taste of Noah’s abs from the infamous abs scene in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, but this was definitely a shocker that the world was happy for.

Many have responded by posting comments on the stars’ respected instagram pages like Jennifer Lopez and Aaron Rodriguez, while other like late night hosts James Corden and Jimmy Fallon. Jimmy talked about the campaign in his “thank you notes” segment – even showing his own Calvin Klein campaign from back in the day. James also joined in on the craze by making a parody of the commercial and posting it on the late night show’s YouTube page. Miley Cyrus even joined in on the fun and posted a side by side photo of Shawn and herself on her Insta Story with the caption “Don’t leave your children with Miley.”

Courtesy of Tom + Lorenzo

The greatest part about this? There might be a war between these two male hotties that has the internet all hyped up. Shawn was recently asked about his latest modeling shoot at the BRIT Awards in London this past week and even read some fan reaction tweets about the campaign. One of tweets mentioned someone feeling torn between Noah and Shawn during the campaign, to which Shawn replied, “It’s a war now.” While we all know that it was joke, I can’t help but have questions. Is Noah going to respond? Are we going to see these guys finally come together? Could we see them collaborate in some way? The possibilities are endless!

But all of this to say thank you, Calvin Klein, for blessing my life and giving me my newest lockscreens – they are gorgeous.

Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.