Five Fall Drinks You Can’t Miss Out On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Welcome back to the season of chilly cloudy days, wearing layers and boots, and of course the season of the pumpkin spice latte but we’ll get to that later. The simplicity of walking around the city on a chilly day holding a warm drink is one of the greatest things about this season; and while #hotgirlsummer was fun, I can’t wait to layer my clothes up and watch the leaves fall. For all my coffee and tea lovers out there, and those who are just getting started, here are five fall drinks that you absolutely can’t miss out on this season.

Hot Apple Cider

After you’re done apple picking there’s so many things you can utilize your pickings for. One of them of course being apple pie, but how about a hot cup of apple cider. I’ve always had cold apple cider but once I switched to hot apple cider there was no going back. With notes of orange, clove and cinnamon, you’ll be surrendered to a routine of grabbing a cup of this, getting a blanking and bundling with your boo while watching the latest episode of Mindhunter on Netflix. Seriously, give this a try.

Green Tea Matcha Latte

This is my go to drink for all of fall and winter. It never disappoints. If you’re a lover of anything matcha, this is the perfect match for you. Not to mention, that this is one of the quickest drinks to make if you’re in a rush but need a quick fix. Starbucks is always my go-to place to pick up this drink before class, but recently, I’ve been interested in creating my own with better quality ingredients. After researching for a bit, all you need is matcha powder and steamed milk of your choice. For my lactose friends like myself, I find that almond milk is perfect, plus it adds a nice body of nutty flavor.

London Fog

Don’t be discouraged, london fog is basically just the fancy title of an earl grey latte. I feel like this drink is perfect for a cute coffee date, or the drink you slowly sip as you wind down for the night. This is another tea that has simple flavors and isn’t packed with a ton of sweeteners. Just three ingredients make up this latte: sweetened earl grey tea, steamed milk and a splash of vanilla syrup. I had my sister try this one out, and for a complete tea-hater, she loved it.

Peppermint Hot Chocolate

Okay, before you completely destroy me by saying, “IT’S NOT CHRISTMAS YET, LET ME ENJOY SPOOKY SEASON.” You’re right lol. This one is for my love of Christmas and me trying to speed up the process. There’s nothing more nostalgic than a piping hot cup of hot chocolate and going back and forth between sipping on it and sucking on a candy cane.

Pumpkin Spice Latte a.k.a PSL

Did you really think I could write this article without addressing the queen— pumpkin spice latte. When you think of fall, this is the drink that everyone associates the season with. If you have a sweet tooth, of course this is the go-to drink. This season Starbucks released their Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew: a blend of cold-brew pumpkin flavored coffee with a ton of pumpkin cream foam to top it off. I’ll have to try that out for sure.

Happy fall everyone! Make sure to layer up, enjoy the cold wind against your face and caffeinate!

Tracy Marasigan

Columbia Chicago '21

A busy girl who loves fashion, r&b music, and food. I'm also a hopeless romantic...yikes.
Ally Stegman

Columbia Chicago '21

aspiring magazine writer with a passion for pop culture and fashion