Colin Shively

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Age: 22

Graduating year: Fall 2010

Major w/ concentration: Journalism major with a concentration in Magazine

Hobbies/interests: Self-proclaimed Apple lover and nerd with a sense of fashion. Hobbies are going to comedy shows and spending my nights with my best friends who have become my family here. I also love exploring Chicago and finding odd and interesting things.

A few interesting things you’d like to share: I am now an uncle! People think I highlight my hair but I don’t. I tweet too much for my own good. I have scuba dived on the great barrier reef and found Nemo. I want four tattoos, a dove, angel, peace sign and a Gemini sign.

Zodiac: Pure Gemini baby! We rule!

Favorite color: Blue

Jackson is a senior magazine journalism major at Columbia College Chicago, class of 2011. Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, Jackson transferred to Columbia during his sophomore year and considers Chicago to be second home. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Columbia, Jackson also works as the copy chief for The Columbia Chronicle, Columbia's student-run newspaper, and at Echo, Columbia's student-run magazine, as the fact checking/copy chief and online editor. Jackson especially loves writing about the LGBTQ community and hopes to make it one of his specialities sometime in the future. While being a big believer in karma, Jackson always tries to surround himself with positive energy and positive people. A few of Jackson's favorite things: RuPaul's Drag Race, Family Guy, lemon-flavored Arizona iced tea and Chipotle.