photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

The 5 Things in Entertainment We Thought You Should Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

There’s so much news that come out of the entertainment circle I can barely seem to keep track of it all. So, I thought I would take some big things that happened this week and summarize them for you so that you can stay up to date with all the latest.

Miley Cyrus Has a New Boyfriend – Cody Simpson

It looks like Miley Cyrus is not only on her hot girl fall tour but she’s doing it with a new partner in crime. Earlier this week, Miley was spotted grabbing an acaí bowl and making out with 22-year-old Australian singer Cody Simpson. The two have since that headline posted each other on their respective social media, making their relationship official. Miley wrote on her insta stories defending herself amid the backlash she’s being receiving dating the singer after her split from Kaitlynn Carver and saying “Men RARELY get slut shamed.” Here’s to the new couple and to starting hot girl fall with a bang!

Hailey and Justin Bieber Had their Fairytale Wedding

Monday was a fairytale dream when Justin Bieber and Hailey Bieber had their big wedding to be Mr. & Mrs. Bieber. Even though they got married by the court earlier this year, the couple celebrated their nuptials in South Carolina amongst close friends and family. Wedding attendees included Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Justin’s manager Scooter Braun, Usher, Jen Atkin and Joan Smalls. Daniel Caesar performed for the couple at the wedding and the photo booth pictures have been hitting the internet non-stop. The wedding was kept really private with big measures being taken to keep the palazzi away for the couple’s big day. Hailey even hid and walked under a white cube to keep the paparazzi from taking photos of her wedding gown. The couple seemed to have a great time and Justin has posted admiration photos of his wife. Congrats to the happy couple!

Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner Split Up

And where couples begin and flourish, some couples sadly come to and end. The couple and parents of daughter Stormi have decided to take a break from their relationship. While they may not be together at the moment, the two are still friendly with each other. Kylie posted on Twitter to say that her and Travis are still on good terms and that their main priority is their daughter. Travis did not attend the Bieber’s wedding and Kylie attended with her friends. Since the news broke of their split, rumors have swirled that Kylie went on a date with her ex-boyfriend Tyga, leaders speculators to question if they are back together. Kylie has since denied those rumors.

Niall Horan and Selena Gomez are Back on the Scene with New Projects

We haven’t heard from these stars for a little while and they are now ready with some new projects to make us happy and rejoice in the hiatus being over. Niall just released a new single titled, “Nice to Meet Ya” marking the beginning of his new projects coming out. The song, which is a big turn from his last album “Flicker” seems to be a symbol of a new kind of sound we can expect from the singer. Selena also debuted her new project: a documentary she produced titled “Living Undocumented”. The series, which is now released on Netflix, talks all about eight undocumented families that are living here in the U.S. under the Trump administration. Selena, who’s grandparents are immigrants who came to the U.S., wants to shed light on the big issue that is going on in this country and wants to provide a voice for those in the film and those who are living just like them. Can’t wait to watch this series!

The First Trailer for “Birds of Prey” is Released

If you are a fan of the Suicide Squad franchise of of Margot Robbie’s “Harley Quinn” then you are in for a treat. After a lot time of waiting, we have finally gotten a trailer for the highly anticipated new movie, “Birds of Prey: and the Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn”. While this is only the first trailer (there may be more on their way) we still get some big hints to what we can expect from this upcoming film. We see Margot reprising her iconic role as well as being introduced to some new faces like Mary Elizabeth Olmstead as “Huntress”, June Smollett-Bell as Black Canary and Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya. Unfortunately, the movie is set to premiere in February 2020, so we will have to wait a while until we can head to the movie theatre to see the film.

Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.