yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

5 Halloween DCOMS You Probably Forgot About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

If you grew up watching Disney Channel Original Movies, DCOMS, around Halloween, then you probably remember Halloweentown and Twitches. But what about the movies that didn’t start  until 2:00 a.m. or the ones Disney stopped showing altogether? In no particular order, here is a list of five of these movies , for a trip down memory lane.

Tower of Terror (1997)

With no relation to the actual Disney ride in Orlando , this movie follows Steve Guttenberg and Kirsten Dunst as a disgraced reporter and his niece as they investigate an old hotel that six people disappeared in  60 years prior. This movie is more related to ABC than Disney, but it was still featured in “The Wonderful World of Disney” and can be seen on Amazon.

Under Wraps (1997)

This odd gem follows three friends that reanimate a mummy on Halloween and now it is up to them to get the mummy back to its sarcophagus before it is too late. This movie is available for streaming at DisneyNow.com.

Scream Team (2002)

A young Kat Dennings stars alongside Kathy Najimy and Tommy Davidson in this Disney thriller. Two siblings move to a new town and discover that their grandfather’s old house may actually be haunted and harbor more secrets than they expected. This movie is available for streaming at DisneyNow.com.

Phantom of Megaplex (2000)

This movie has a star cameo from comedian Mickey Rooney and follows two siblings trying to help their brother find out who is causing trouble in their town’s megaplex cinema , as the theatre prepares for the premiere of a new blockbuster. This movie is available for streaming at DisneyNow.com.

Don’t Look Under the Bed (1999)

You may remember hearing the song “Boogie Wonderland” by Earth, Wind, And Fire as the credits for this movie played. The plot follows Francis Bacon as she and her small town are terrorized by a “boogeyman ” and her only hope of stopping it is to team up with her little brother’s imaginary friend. This movie is available for streaming at DisneyNow.com.

Dyana Daniels

Columbia Chicago '21

Dyana is currently studying journalism at Columbia College Chicago. When she is not writing for Her Campus, she is probably listening to a true-crime podcast.
Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.