Style

2019 Oscars Vanity Fair Party Best Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

The 2019 Oscar’s show and red carpet are still being talked about a week later – as they should. But if you ask me, the real red carpet that I look forward to is at Vanity Fair’s Oscar Party. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great looks that come out on the actual red carpet, but Vanity Fair always pulls out all the stops – more celebrities, more looks, more chances at being bold and daring. So without further ado, here are some of my favorite looks from the Vanity Fair red carpet.

Jennifer Lopez

*Courtesy of Vogue

This woman never seems to age. I mean, look at her figure! STUNNING LADY.

Shay Mitchell

*Courtesy of US Weekly

She may not have walked the Oscars red carpet, but I’m so glad that she walked the Vanity Fair carpet. That color? LOVE.

Taraji P. Henson

*Courtesy of Vogue

I love that Taraji rocked a jumpsuit and I love the metallic material with the classic heel. Werk it, girl!

Glenn Close

*Courtesy of Vogue

Ah, Miss Glenn, you did it again. I thought I loved your Oscars look, but this? Blew me away. Thank you for gracing me with your presence.

Noah Centineo

*Courtesy of Elle

I may be a little biased with this one, but you also have to admire this all black look going on. Good job, Noah.

Ciara

*Courtesy of Vogue

A queen and veteran of the game, this lady did not disappoint with this pink and silver number. Look at those killer legs! GOALS!

Michael B. Jordan

*Courtesy of Vogue

I admire a man in a good suit. But Michael B. Jordan in this all gray suit? I am a big fan. Love the switch up from the blue velvet suit jacket to this!

Amy Adams

*Courtesy of Vogue

I really love this unique color on Amy Adams. And the deep v-neck plunge makes everyone stop and pay attention at the bombshell badass that is Amy Adams.

Brie Larson

*Courtesy of Vogue

I loved this second look that Brie pulled out for the night more than her Oscars red carpet look. This color against her skin tone is killer and with the black accent belt to match her shoes? A great look.

Tracee Ellis Ross

*Courtesy of Vogue

Another stunning lady in red. The glowy skin with the slicked back hair and details in her earrings with silver detail is beautiful. Go, Tracee, go!

Freida Pinto

*Courtesy of Vogue

Now for a bit of a change. This burgundy metallic plunge looks elegant. The slit has been the red carpet star and the whole monochromatic look is one that I’m a big fan of.

Michelle Rodriguez

*Courtesy of Vogue

And last but not least, my wild card. Michelle didn’t walk the Oscars red carpet, but she did turn some heads with this glamorous detail dress that I wish I could purchase to have in my closet forever.

Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.