14 Reasons Upperclassmen Are Jealous of Freshman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

1. Everything is so new and exciting

Every place you walk into is a new adventure. Especially going to see the skyline view from the Shedd, which is basically the coolest thing to do.

2. No jobs or responsibilities

There’s nothing that you have to go to besides class- and even that can seem less important than binge watching Gossip Girl…again.

3. Dorms equal no bills

The days have yet to come when you worry about whether or not you unplugged the microwave.

4.I t’s acceptable to have no idea what you want to do with your life.

And even if you think you know, you will probably change it several times in the next four years.

5. Dressing up for class is still exciting, especially if your a fashion student

However, the biggest struggle in the morning is putting on pants. 

6. Your tardiness is excused because you have yet to learn the horrors of the elevators in 624

Show up 15 minutes early, you will still be ten minutes late to class. 

7. You feel like a bad*ss 24/7.

Living on your own for the first time with no parents or rules will do that to you. 

8. Classes are 100x easier.

Reading a book or two and writing a few papers are nothing compared to the crazy projects that will make you pull all-nighters.

9. You don’t have to take the CTA in the morning rush. 

Being crushed between lots of strangers, first thing in the morning, is not ideal. 

10. You actually know what it’s like to have friends

There is no struggle for you to set up a time weeks in advance for you to see your friends. Just walk down the hall and they’ll be there.

11.You don’t know the dreaded task of finding an internship

The hours of Google searching that usually ends in tears.

12. Or the dreaded task of surviving.

After paying rent and bills, searching for change around the apartment is how afternoons are spent. 

13. Your parents actually care when you got homesick

One call home, and you get a care package filled with all your favorite things, including a handwritten note from Mommy.

14. Basically life is rainbows, butterflies, and alcohol

Enjoy this while you can freshman. Soon enough this will be you…

Kristina Vega

Columbia Chicago

I go to school in the great city of Chicago majoring in fashion business and marketing. I have had multiple jobs in retail and internships in event planning, wholesale, marketing, and blog writing. I love learning new things and going on adventures...&wine, I love wine.