When Dodge Just Doesn’t Do It

Tired of trekking across Broadway to Dodge only to find no available machines and no motivation? Don’t really want to go down to Barnard gym to find a depressingly small room with little equipment and bad music? Lucky for us, in New York City we have great alternatives just a subway ride away! Holiday eating can sneak up on us and leave us feeling disappointed and helpless. So, forget about those boring work-outs of your past! These group fitness classes will really help you feel great again and keep you wanting more–even when the weather starts to cool down. 

Physique 57®

This core muscle-building workout will tone your body up in no time! Based on the Lotte Berk Method, the classic Physique 57® class operates on an interval overload method, where you work out your muscles and then stretch them out, creating long lean muscles. Throughout the class, you use hand weights, a playground ball, a ballet barre, but mostly your own body weight to work out. The music pulses (and so are your legs) as the instructors motivate you to push yourself to get fit and tone through this 57 minute class!

Closest locations to campus:

Upper West Side
The Ansonia 
2109 Broadway (on 73rd Street 
between Broadway and West End) 
New York, NY 10023 
(212) 259-0570

Midtown
The New York Gallery Building
24 West 57th Street, Suite 805
New York, NY 10019 
(212) 399-0570

www.physique57.com

Cost: $35 2 for 1 deal for your first 2 classes, $35 each class after that. Packages available. 15% off all classes and packages with CUID

Core Fusion® at Exhale Spa 
Why travel to the Upper East Side or down to midtown to exercise? Exhale’s Core Fusion® class will kick your butt even if you think you are already in shape. This toning class uses bands, mats and weights to get your heart rate up and tone muscles you never even knew existed. This class is also based on the Lotte Berk Method, Pilates and other fitness methods. Consistent attendance to core fusion will guarantee a sculpted body in no time. Feeling sore after class? Stick around at the spa and get a massage! Pretty up with a mani or pedi too. 

Closest locations to campus:

Upper East Side
980 Madison Avenue
New York, NY  10075
(212) 561-6400

Midtown
150 Central Park South
New York, NY  10019
(212) 561-7400

www.exhalespa.com

Cost: $35 per class, packages available.

SoulCycle®

If you’ve always loved spinning, but needed a little more inspiration, this class is for you! At SoulCycle ®Spinning class is like going to a night club! The founders emphasize that they want each class to be uplifting…and soulful! Different from your typical spinning class, SoulCycle® also focuses on incorporating upper body and core exercises by using light weights.  Even for beginners in the cardio/spinning world, you can make it through because what kind of collegiette can’t do anything for 45 minutes? Make sure you reserve your class ahead of time, because New Yorkers are serious about their SoulCycle®!

Closest location to campus:

Upper West Side
350 Amsterdam Avenue (at 77th)
New York, NY 10023
(212) 787-1300

Upper East Side
1470 Third Ave (at 83rd)
New York, NY 10028
(212) 639-1300

www.soul-cycle.com

Cost: $20 for your first class, $32 for each individual class after that. Packages available

Zumba at Bodystrength Fitness

Want to have fun while exercising? Try out this local Zumba class and pretend that you’re not really exercising. Zumba is a great way to get that heart rate up and dance the night (or more realistically, day) away. Take a friend and laugh your way through a class exploring this Latin-inspired fitness dance program! Just remember to walk in there confidently and shake what your momma gave you (and get that extra cardio in)!

Closest location to campus:
250 W. 106th
New York, NY 10029
(212) 316-3338

http://bodystrengthfitness.com/

Cost: $10 for your first class, $18 for each individual class after. Packages available.