Style Snapshot: Austen Tosone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

School, Year: Barnard 2016

Major: Art History

How would you describe your style in three words? Bohemian, edgy, comfortable

Who are your style inspirations? Ellie Goulding, Kerry Washington, Zella Day, Selena Gomez, and Blake Lively

Where do you like to shop? My all time favorite is probably Free People – I worked there for two years and love everything about the clothing and the company. I also shop at LF during their sale and I love Zara, Topshop, Urban and Gypsy Warrior.

What is a piece of style advice you live by? Dress according to how you feel! If you’re dying to dress up on a Tuesday for no reason, do it! If you just want to feel comfortable, put on your favorite pair of jeans. And never be afraid to try something totally out there!

What fashion tips/tricks have you picked up from living in New York? I’ve learned to master the assemblage of an all black outfit and also how to dress in layers. I’ve also learned how to make anything work for a last minute occasion. If I’m leaving work and I find out about an event I want to stop by, as long as I have some lipstick and a hair tie I can probably transform my daytime look to an evening one.