This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Jessica Reich

School, Year: Barnard 2018

Major: Political Economy

Hometown: East Brunswick, NJ

What is your most worn accessory and/or article of clothing?

Hm… that would have to be a tie between the engraved ring I wear everyday for the past 3 years and my go-to staple: the black pencil skirt. I’m also a big fan of funky shoes and the choker trend (I have almost 20!) 

Where do you like to shop?

Asos, mostly. They have really unusual pieces at fair prices and their filters for sorting are awesome. They also make videos of the clothes which makes shopping online so much easier and less of a hassle. I also like a lot of boutiques back in Jersey and of course, the classic: Zara. 

Where do you get your fashion inspiration? 

Instagram bloggers 100%. My favorites are MiMu Maxi, fabologie, and such.a.betty. They have such creative ways of styling clothing and they also rep really interesting brands. I actually end up buying new pieces from these brands and styling them in my own way!

How has your style changed since coming to Columbia/Barnard?

Well, I’m an Orthodox Jewish woman who started to dress in accordance with my religion right before college. So in the beginning of college, I was mostly playing it safe, while I adapted my wardrobe. Since coming to Columbia/Barnard I’ve become a lot more comfortable in my skin and in the way I dress, so I take a lot more risks now and like to test the boundaries of my comfort zone.

Leora Herman

Columbia Barnard