This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Erin Quinn

School, Year: Barnard 2017    

Major: Middle Eastern Studies and Human Rights

Hometown: Riverhead, NY (Lawng Island)

What is your most worn accessory and/or article of clothing?

My Clitoris ring (I had mine before Gloria Steinem got hers), white converse, and some overalls.

Where do you like to shop? 

As a woman with curves, it’s hard to find clothes and brands that are not ill fitting or unflattering. With the rise of curve models and body activists in the past couple of years, plus size brands are beginning to become easier to find. I like ASOS Curve, Eloquii, SimplyBe and men’s sections of thrift stores. 

Where do you get your fashion inspiration? 

The street (people watching is a fav pastime of mine), body activists (shoutout to Tess Holliday and Margie Plus), friends, and travel.

How has your style changed since coming to Columbia/Barnard?

Well, coming from a Catholic high school with uniforms that included paisley bowties, my fashion changed as I was able to experiment with my options day to day. I also like to think that I’ve gotten good at layering, but that is a true art form that’ll take years to master. Also, accepting that I will never be someone who wears heels, which has been a huge relief.

Leora Herman

Columbia Barnard