Review: Bowery Ballroom Rock Revival–Pete Molinari and Nikki Lane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

The only thing more fun than listening to Jamestown Revival jam out on stage is watching them jam out on stage. The band, which performed this past Monday at the Bowery Ballroom, exudes a positive, kind, fun, yet easy-going energy that radiates from the stage to the other side of the ballroom. Not only is it clear that they love playing their music but it’s clear that they love playing music with each other and for their audience.

The band, who deem their music to be of the “back porch, folk-rock” genre successfully switch from the fun and energetic beat of Revival to Heavy Heart‘s somber, honest, yet beautiful tune, and back again to the boot-stomping rhythm of Headhunter without any awkward tension between numbers. Their music, their performance, their aura just seems to flow no matter what.

Before Jamestown Revival took over the stage, the audience had the pleasure of listening to the Southern twang of the sassy, bold, and wickedly fun Nikki Lane as she sang, Right Time, and the unique and soulful vocals of the charming Pete Molinari as he sang Hang My Head In Shame.

All three musical acts channeled an overarching old-school, old-soul Southern charm that each musician expressed in his or her own individual manner. Put all three acts together and you had one hell of a night.