Panhellenic Formal Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Let Panhellenic help you find your “Destination.” Every year, hundreds of women go through formal recruitment to join the ever-growing Panhellenic community at Columbia. Don’t miss out– registration closes December 21st!

During Formal Recruitment, you will have the opportunity to meet with members from each of the six Panhellenic sororities – Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Omicron Pi, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Sigma Delta Tau.

Formal Recruitment is from Thursday, January 28th to Monday, February 1st. You MUST be available on those dates in order to participate. You must also be available on Friday, January 22nd for Potential New Member (PNM) Orientation to learn about the Formal Recruitment process and meet your Rho Gamma Counselor and Rho Gamma group.

Registration is $15. Visit tinyurl.com/CUrecruitment to register!

Check out CU Panhellenic’s NEW website, like Columbia University Panhellenic on Facebook, and follow them on Instagram @CUpanhellenic.

Frequently Asked Questions:Q: When I register, what picture should I choose?A: You are welcome to choose any photo that you like; just keep in mind that it is best to choose a picture in which you are clearly recognizable — no sunglasses or hats, face forward, relatively close-up, etc.

Q: Will my GPA be considered?A: You must have at least a 2.5 to be eligible for Formal Recruitment. GPAs will be verified at the PNM Orientation on January 22nd.

Q: What extracurriculars should I put on the form?A: Put down as much information as possible about your interests outside of the classroom. Panhellenic women are involved in many different activities all over campus, and CU Panhellenic would love to learn more about what interests you!

Q: Are spring transfers are eligible to go through Formal Recruitment?A: Yes, spring transfers are definitely eligible to go through Formal Recruitment. If you are a spring transfer, please contact Panhellenic Exec directly at panhellexec@columbia.edu for registration instructions.

Feel free to reach out to panhellexec@columbia.edu with any questions or concerns! 

Sarah Fels

Columbia Barnard