This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Despite the 80 degree weather outside, it’s officially Fall, and a new season calls for some new beauty upgrades. Here are our favorite fall beauty trends:   

Natural Lips:

Cosmetics companies are moving towards using sustainable, safe and “cleaner” ingredients.

Here are some natural brands we recommend for getting the au natural look: Beauty Counter, RMS (very popular with celebrities), Juice Beauty, and Bite Beauty (lipsticks with tasty names like “sorbet” and “lavender jam”).      

Subtle Glitter Eyes:

Okay, so we’re not saying you should try to look like Ke$ha, but subtle glittery eyes were totally present at many of this season’s New York Fashion Week shows. Try adding some hints of gold to your upper eyelashes, or even some sparkly white tones to the inner corners of your eyes to make them pop.

Sleek, Low Ponytails:

Low ponys are perfect for the transition in weather or when you want to look put-together with minimal time and effort. If you do have more time on your hands, try wrapping a thin strand of hair around your ponytail holder to make for a sleek and polished look.

Dark Eyes:

Make a fierce statement using black liquid eyeliner and blended, grey eyeshadow to give you a seductive and sultry look.