Style > Beauty

New Garnier Green Labs Serum Cream – 10/10 Would Buy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Trying out new skincare products is always a gamble — they’re so fun to buy and sample, but how will my skin react? Is it going to make me breakout? I just tested out the new Garnier Green Labs serum cream, and it’s fantastic. The Green Lab campaign’s goal is to make skincare more eco-friendly and mindful of our Earth — we only get one, after all! A lot of teens I know are becoming increasingly concerned about the environment in recent years, including myself. Many of my friends made swaps in order to reduce the strain our climate is currently under — for example, reusable water bottles instead of plastic, thrifting and donating old clothes instead of throwing them away, buying sustainable goods, and other changes were implemented. However, most of them didn’t look at their skincare or makeup routines as a way to be more environmentally friendly, but now, with Garnier Green Labs, they can!  

I tested out their brighten serum cream, which is formulated with pineapple extract and vitamin C. They also have two other formulations — “perfect pores,” which is made with vitamin B3 and cannabis sativa seed oil, and “replump,” which includes hyaluronic acid and watermelon extract. This one requires a bit of massaging to work into the skin; I’ve found that warming it up in my hands, then applying it to my face, works best. However, once it’s on, it leaves no white cast whatsoever. My skin just looks more moisturized and glowy, which is a huge plus if I decide to forego makeup that day (or am just rushing to get to Zoom class on time some days… oops). 

Additionally, the serum cream helped clear up my skin. I started testing it the week before midterms — my skin was already feeling the stress! However, about a week into using Garnier Green Labs serum cream, my skin was clearer and looked much more refreshed, even though I was in the middle of the second most stressful week of the semester (second only to finals, of course). 

I also love how much the serum cream simplified my morning routine. Since it was designed to fulfill the roles of a moisturizing cream, a serum, and a sunscreen, I now only have to apply one product instead of three. It’s worth noting that it’s only SPF 30 though — I’m fine with that level if I’m just working at my desk or spending the day indoors. However, if I plan on spending any length of time outside, I would layer another coat of sunscreen on top of the serum cream. 

Overall, it’s a 10/10 for Garnier Green Labs new product. It was lightweight, moisturizing, easy to wear, and helped clear up my skin. I’d definitely purchase the serum cream on my own. Garnier Green Labs also formulated cleansers to match each of the three serum creams, which I’d be excited to try as well. If you’re concerned about the environment, or just want to simplify your morning routine, I absolutely recommend that you give this product a try! 

Katie Ryan

Columbia Barnard '24

Katie is an incoming first year at Columbia College. She's a coxswain for the men's heavyweight crew team and spends her free time working out, volunteering, and reading. Katie is planning to double major in English & Comparative Literature and Human Rights, specializing in Economics.