This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

After a period of time where I watched k-drama after k-drama, I’ve moved on to non-stop bingeing anime. It’s honestly gotten really unhealthy, as I’ll stay up till 3 A.M., promising myself just one last 20-minute episode. I thought I’d share my unhealthy obsession, so here are 3 of my top favorite anime! 

The Seven Deadly Sins 

I just finished this show and am currently in the phase of feeling completely empty and void now that it’s over because I don’t get my daily dose of my favorite anime characters. 

The show follows a group of supposed outlaws, called “The Seven Deadly Sins”, and their quest to restore the kingdom. It’s absolutely hilarious and has some of the coolest animation I’ve ever seen. My brother and I flew through this show within a week! 

I don’t know how else to phrase this, but just go in knowing that the show gets a little…pervy. 

The dubbed Season 5 is on YouTube, with new episodes released weekly! 

Great Pretender

This was the first anime I watched this school year, so I 100% blame this show for my endless spiral into the anime world. This show follows a group of conmen and their outrageous adventures conning the wealthy. 

All the characters are so funny and lovable. I feel like this show is incredibly underrated, so I make sure to recommend it to anyone who asks!

Hunter x Hunter 

This show is considered one of the greatest animes out there, and it did not disappoint me. Once again, I absolutely loved the characters, especially the villain, who is one of the most well known villains in anime. 

I’m still on Season 5, the “Chimera Ant Arc”, which gets extremely high praise. It’s taking me a while because there are 61 episodes…

Anime has started to flood my Tik Tok page and YouTube recommendations. There’s just something about 2D characters that hits different. Some other anime shows on my watchlist are Attack on Titan, Parasyte, Death Note, and B the Beginning

Angela Tan

Columbia Barnard '24

Angela is a Chinese-American freshman at Barnard, where she wants to major in psychology and minor in education. She loves baking although she's not very good at it and enjoys talking about horror movies, Taylor Swift, and her dog Oreo.