Meet the Team: Writer Tracy Walker!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

School & class: BC 2019

Major: History

Hometown: Gladstone, NJ                                      

1. Tell me a little about yourself. Are you involved with anything on or off campus?

I’m involved with AOII, Barnard bartending, Her Campus (obviously), and I did lighting for some theater productions last year. 

2. What do you think Her Campus Media stands for?

I think it stands for an inclusive community writing on multiple fronts, whether serious or playful or something in between, but which describes the many college experiences one can have. 

3. What’s your Patronus?

Cat!

4. Why did you choose Barnard/Columbia?

I chose Barnard because I wanted a small liberal arts community, but I also wanted to be surrounded by a community of supportive and driven women – which I’ve found.

5. What inspires you to write?

My friends, New York City, and just the general things I get up to. 

6. What are you passionate about?

I love to read and to paint. Generally speaking, I love whatever creative outlet it is that is appropriate to my feelings at the time.

7. As a junior, what positive changes do you want to see in the college/university? 

I’d love to see the administration take some student concerns – like our sign-in policy, students health services, etc. – more seriously and actively come up with solutions.

8. Who is your role model?

My mom.

9. If you could make one change in the world, what would it be and why?

I’d want everyone to have a stronger ability to empathize, as I feel like many people – especially leaders – are lacking that ability nowadays. 

10. What are you most looking forward to during winter break?

Movie marathons, complete with cookies and tea, with my twin sister.

Tracy Walker

Columbia Barnard '19

I love Pride and Prejudice adaptations, my cat Cleo, and fancy cocktails. A European history major and a senior at Barnard.
Sydney Hotz

Columbia Barnard

Sydney is in love with New York City, dogspotting, and chorizo tacos. She's an aspiring novelist, a Barnard feminist, and might deny she was born in New Jersey.