This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Max Segall

Hometown: Syosset, NY (Strong Island)

Class Year: 2014

Major: Math

Relationship Status: Taken

On-Campus Activities: Varsity Lightweight Rowing, Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (COÖP)

Off-Campus Activities: Running, Biking, Piano when I can, Suite Nikolai

Favorite quote: “I’d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun” –Billy Joel

Celebrity crush: Bar Refaeli

Way you plan to spend your break: Skiing, Rowing in Florida and probably returning some video tapes…

Favorite place on campus: The cold oatmeal isle at Westside

Most embarrassing moment: Being called Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer all spring after getting my nose burnt by a hookah

Something that people are surprised to know about you: My left hand appeared the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D

Favorite TV show: Seinfeld

If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be and why? Ronald Reagan and I’d probably throw Paul Allen in there so we can get a table at Dorsia (Great sea urchin ceviche)

Pet peeve: People who take themselves too seriously (especially via facebook status)!

Ideal girl in three words: Sense of humor

Best moment of the semester: Getting Marc Brown’s (CEO of Nikolai Vodka) permission to use his company logo

Giselle Boresta

Columbia Barnard

Giselle, Class of 2014 at Barnard College, is an Economics major with a minor in French. She was born in New York City, grew up in Ridgewood, NJ, and is excited to be back in her true hometown of New York City. She likes the Jersey Shore (the actual beach, not the show) and seeing something crazy in New York every day!