Matias Lirman: The Twerking Engineer Whose Eyebrows Are on Point

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Meet Matias Lirman. His dance moves are so hot that they get fire trucks going. 

Name: Matias Lirman

School: SEAS

Major: Operations Research

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Campus Activities: Enthusiastic Intramural participant, board member of Columbia Sports Business Club, and fraternity brother.

Three things we should know about you:

1) I’m Argentinian (Spanish was my first language).

2) I’m obsessed with soccer.

3) I love to draw and paint.

What is your best physical feature? Eyebrows you can trust

Favorite study spot: My room

Favorite on Campus Hangout Spot: Does my frat count as on campus? If not, Low Steps.

Best Class you have taken at Columbia/Barnard: Principles of Econ with Gulati. Totally worth the 8:40 AM.

Favorite memory at Columbia so far: My favorite memory at Columbia was the night school was cancelled for the ‘historic and record breaking’ snowstorm last year. I had a snowball fight at 4:00 in the morning on the lawn.

Most embarrassing moment during your time at Columbia: Hitting the fire alarm while twerking on a wall…four fire trucks ended up coming. Wasn’t great.

Describe your love life in less than ten words: Just a boy trying to find love in a hopeless place.

What do you look for in a partner?  Cute, smart, and charismatic

What is your ideal date? Something simple. A nice picnic in central park with a bottle of wine and good music.

Best pick up-line you’ve got: “Have you ever been to the stacks? Heard they’re lovely around 2:00 AM.”

Bumble, Tinder, or Hindge? Any success? I prefer face-to-face interactions; I’ve never really used any dating apps.

Heights, Mels’s, or 1020? Mel’s is the go to spot.

Describe your first time at Cannons:  It was hazy, like any good Cannons night should be. Someone screamed “lets get a round.” Then, I woke up in my bed the next morning. 

Favorite end of the night meal at Tom’s: Nothing beats a plate of fries.

Anything else that you want your fan girls to know: I’d love to meet them.