Life Hacks for Very Lazy Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

We’re not lazy. We just use our energy selectively. Why do something we do not have to do and have the world hate us for it? Have you ever done anything out of pure laziness and had the world shame you for being too fancy? Well, they had better get one thing straight – we’re lazy girls and we’ll go to any extent just so that we can continue being lazy. It’s a skill. 

Now that we’ve established that we’re all a team and need to work together, in order to show the world the bond we share – here are some stupid, silly….and maybe kind of fancy tips that I came up with while lazily sitting in bed and munching on a bag of kale chips. 

1. Get a smart phone

It is very rare for someone in this day and age to not have a smart phone – but, trust me, if you’re on the lazy girl list you probably absolutely NEED one. If you’re a student and/or do not have the cash to fund a personal assistant, Siri is your ultimate best friend. She’ll remind you of deadlines and also save you all that trouble you’d have to otherwise go through to type out what you need. 

2. Start wearing dresses

This tip saves you the time AND effort to match, find, and wear two or even three pieces of clothing. On those mornings whenyou don’t have time to put together an outfit, all you need to do is open your closet filled with dresses and slip ‘em on. 

3. BRUNCH BRUNCH BRUNCH

This is the ultimate ‘two for one’ deal – you cook or look for ONE meal (yes, ONE meal) and get the benefits of two! 

4. Drink up your wine

Cause who needs to go through all that trouble of putting a gazillion different things together and stirring and squeezing lemons and adding the ice and doing this and doing that? Aahh, that already sounds exhausting! Just pour and enjoy.

5. Try online shopping

You can literally buy ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING online, so why put it all that effort to dress up and go shopping and carry the shopping bags? You get my point. So, simply click a few buttons here and there and you will have everything you need at your doorstep in no time! 

6. Reward yourself at the end of completing errands or tasks

Whenever you feel too lazy to do your laundry or fix your bed reward yourself with something once you complete it. This hack is my favorite; every time I fix my bed, I get myself a caramel macchiato instead of a regular coffee! So, guess who ends up making her bed most mornings? 

7. Stock up!

The moment you have an urge to actually get out of bed and actually get stuff done – actually do it, and do it in BULK. If you go to Whole Foods or Trader Joes, stock up enough until your next splurge of motivation comes along! 

**Disclaimer: This article is a personal piece and does not necessarily reflect the views of Her Campus Media.