Isaac Mizrahi at the Jewish Museum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Those seeking a fashion-inspired escape from the last few weeks of school would do well to consider a visit to “Isaac Mizrahi: An Unruly History,” an exhibition at the Jewish Museum that opened late last month. Beyond being a colorful feast for the eyes (thanks to Mizrahi’s long-running focus on vibrant color), the show offers a well-curated window into a small part of his impressive career. Instead of acting as an all-encompassing survey, which would be near-impossible given the diversity of Mizrahi’s various projects, it focuses primarily on his high-fashion line for women, giving mention to other elements of his career through wall postings and multimedia installations. Jewish Museum curators handled the tone of his work well, maintaining a whimsical, fun mood throughout: arguably more important than any one maerial aspect of the show. It’s refreshing to see an art museum fashion show that doesn’t take itself too seriously, and walking through certainly makes for a fun study break.

All photo credit to Sarah Fels, BC ’16.