Isaac Cohen: The Selfie Queen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Meet Isaac Cohen, the guy whose game is on fire on and off the court. 

(Photo courtesy of Micayla Lubka)

Name: Isaac Lee Cohen

School and Year: Columbia College ‘16

Hometown: Orlando, Florida

Majors: Political Science and Sociology

ActivitiesColumbia Men’s Basketball Team

Favorite memory from your time at Columbia so far: Going to the Tribeca Film Festival last year to see “Time is Illmatic” with some friends, but I think the best is yet to come.

Favorite study spot: My room. I just play some good music and work fine on my bed.

Most embarrassing moment during your time at Columbia: During my freshman year, I made a full-face plant on that blasted uneven walkway in front of Butler. Luckily, there was only like a million people standing outside who saw it.

Biggest pet peeve: Indecisiveness

Current relationship status: Single

Three ways a person can win over your heart:

1. Must be a good conversationalist
  2. Has an appreciation for good music
  3. Has an appreciation for great food

Pick up line that has worked for you or on you: I am not much of one-line wonder guy, nor have I met a female that hit me with a good one-liner.

What do you look for in a partner? There is really nothing in particular. I just look for that connection, and I know when it’s there. I am just looking for someone I would enjoy spending time with.

Ideal late night meal at Tom’s: I’m about that chicken finger action, but if you don’t get honey mustard with it, then I obviously can’t trust you.

Favorite basketball sexual innuendo: “Big feet, big…. socks…”

Most common selfie pose: For sure the half face selfie pose that I always make on Snapchat. My friends crack jokes on me all the time for it, but they’re just haters.

Preferred hair color: I’ve typically been more drawn to brunettes, but I don’t discriminate.

Mels, The Heights, Cannons, or 1020? I would say 1020. Cannons is just an atrocity.

What is the worst thing you have witnessed in Cannons? Unspeakable horrors! Things that cannot be unseen! I still wake up in the middle of the night from the nightmares.

Anything else you would like your fans to know: Follow me on Instagram at @eyesickcohen…I will absolutely follow you back.