brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Introducing the New Editors in Chief, Part One: Sarah Fels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

For the next two weeks we will be posting profiles of the new editors in chief of 2015-2016: two stylish, social-media savvy, intelligent women who are ready to take on Her Campus Barnard!

Name: Sarah Fels

School & Year: BC ’16

How did you get involved in Her Campus?

I actually just got involved in Her Campus last year.  I knew a ton of really cool people who wrote for Her Campus, and I wanted to check it out.  When I joined, I ended up loving it right away.  Her Campus is such a fun and rewarding activity and has a stellar group of writers.  I also love that it’s a great way to be creative and express yourself while writing about interesting topics.  Also, there is ample opportunity to be a little bit silly and make people laugh.

How are you planning to leave your mark on Her Campus next year?

I’m so excited to work with Najet next year!  One year from now, everyone will know about Her Campus.  Expect new initiatives for recruiting writers and expanding the HC presence on campus.  I know so many people would love being a part of HC and would find the creativity outlet super rewarding.  I can’t wait to get them all writing!  I’m sure our amazing section editors will also leave an incredible mark.  In addition to more writers and readers, expect our social media presence to grow and more froyo and nail art around campus.

Favorite thing about Columbia?

My favorite thing about Columbia is Barnard!  Just kidding, I love the entire CU/BC campus environment and community.  Madrid is an amazing city, and even though you can always find some friendly faces from home when you are abroad, I really love walking down Broadway and recognizing so many people and stopping and talking to them and asking how they are.  There is nothing really like that here.  I also really like unsweetened iced green tea in Liz’s Place, my year and a half living in the really spacious double in Plimpton, and treadmill #6 on the bottom floor of Dodge. 

Summer plans?

I’m interning in the city!  I also plan on drinking a lot of iced coffee, spending time with friends, and trying to find ways to get my hair to stop frizzing in the summer heat.  If you’re around hmu and I promise to show you a good time.

*for those who want a fab food instagram, follow froyonails*