toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Spend Your Halloweekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

The spookiest holiday of the year is almost upon us! It’s time to get your costume together and hit the town, returning to your dorm room only to carve pumpkins, watch scary movies, and drink apple cider.

Thursday October 27th

Fall FeSDTival

From 5-6:30pm, twelve teams of students will be competing in SDT’s pumpkin carving competition. Be sure to stop by College Walk to watch the action and enter in raffles for a tennis bracelet, various gift cards, and passes to Equinox and Soul Cycle. There will be candy apple and pumpkin pie as if you needed another reason to stop by!

Halloween and Chill

From 7-9pm, Well-Woman is hosting a Halloween crafting event. The Craft will be playing while you craft to your heart’s desire. There will be glitter, pom-poms, sewing kits, and feathers, what else could you want?

Friday October 28th

Fall FeSDTival: Pumpkin Penny Wars

You watched the pumpkins get carved, now vote for the best one! Stop by Lerner from 10am-4pm and take part in the Penny Wars to chose the winner. All proceeds go to the Sister to Sister Fund.

Columbia Oktoberfest

For Seniors only, join your classmates in celebration! From 5-8pm on Ancel Plaza the four student governments will provide freebies, pizza and beer. Get there early to snag a Class of 2017 beer stein and bring 2 forms of ID.

Saturday October 29th

CMTS’s The Rocky Horror Picture Show

A cult classic, come and watch your classmates act out the scenes while the movie plays. Hurry to the Diana Event Oval at 8pm in order to get a good seat!

Sydney Hotz

Columbia Barnard

Sydney is in love with New York City, dogspotting, and chorizo tacos. She's an aspiring novelist, a Barnard feminist, and might deny she was born in New Jersey.