How To Prepare For Midterm Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

We all know once it’s midterms season, it’s midterm season until finals season starts! However, midterms don’t have to be as hectic and mentally exhausting as you think they should be. With just a few tips and tricks up your sleeve, you’ll be acing midterms with the drop of a hat for the rest of the semester.

1. Start early (duuh)

Review your material after each class or after each week, so it doesn’t leave your mind right after class. This will not require you to spend too much time studying closer to your actual exam.

2. Eat healthy

Eating nutritious foods not only helps you stay healthy, but will make sure you don’t fall ill. The last thing you want, that will make midterms even worse, is writing exams when you’re sick. Take care of yourself to make sure you transition through this awfully weathered semester hale and hearty. 

3. Study with a group

Forming study groups is ideal during midterm season. It doesn’t stop your social life and it holds you responsible for covering exam material. At least for me, studying with a friend and discussing exam content helps retain a lot more information, in a way that is less monotonous than memorizing the text book.

Good luck with your midterms, you’re going to ace them!