sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Detox from Halloweekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Perhaps you overdosed on Twix bars, or maybe you went out four nights in a row when you promised yourself you would spend at least one of them at Butler (oops). Regardless of how you got there, you can end up feeling kind of gross post-Halloween. So here are some ways to detox:

Hydrate

Yes, this one seems pretty obvious, but make sure you’re drinking lots of water so that your body can flush out the toxins. Try squeezing a bit of lemon juice into hot water (optional: ginger) in the morning.

Protein!

The more sugar you eat, the more sugar you crave. Chances are you haven’t been getting enough protein this weekend with all the candy and parties going on, so opt for a protein-rich meal, such as Dig Inn’s market plate (grain, veggies, protein).

Sweat

Not only does working out give you endorphins, it helps you sweat out the toxins in your body. And no, being hungover is not an excuse to miss your daily sweat session. Our recommendations: Yoga to the People, SoulCycle, Shadowbox

Juice

Seriously, consider a juice cleanse! With pressed juicery located right in Mohi and their affordable pricing, give it a try! You can start out simple by doing a one day juice cleanse ($49), or for the more experienced detoxer, you can do a three-day juice cleanse ($129). Important though: if you’ve been eating junk food all weekend and then suddenly switch to consuming entirely liquids, your body won’t be able to hand this very well. Instead, give a buffer day in between, during which you focus on eating clean foods like raw vegetables and fruit.

Sleep

There’s no better way to give your body the proper rest and repair that it needs. If you’ve been skimping on sleep it’s better to take a power nap on Sunday than try to get through hours of reading while running on four hours of sleep. You will be more productive in the long run if you let yourself rest.