The GRAMMYs: Best and Worst Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.
Between NYFW and Kanye West’s release of The Life of Pablo, both music and fashion have provided a whirlwind of entertainment news over the past week. It was the highly-anticipated 58th Annual Grammy Awards, however, that brought the worlds of fashion and music into the spotlight together. While the big winners were crowned, many of us just as focused on their gorgeous gowns or insane tribute outfits (s/o to you, Gaga) as we were on the jams playing in the background. So, just in case you missed them, have a look at the Best and Worst of 2016 Grammy’s fashion:

Best Dressed

1) Bella Hadid in Alexandre Vauthier

Why it’s best: While Bella was first and foremost in attendance at the Grammys to support her rapper boyfriend, The Weeknd, she certainly made the most of this sartorial opportunity. While this gown had the potential to be too revealing with such a deep plunging neckline, Bella managed to pull it off in the most elegant of ways. The solid black with just a hint of sparkle appears perfectly styled with her slicked-back hair and black accessories. 

2) Adele in Givenchy  

3) Ariana Grande in Romona Keveza

4) Sam Hunt

Worst Dressed 

1) Dencia

Why it’s worst: As a Hello Kitty lover, it’s mildly painful that she would attach such a precious symbol to such a rough outfit. I’m still trying to decide if the rhinestoned angel wings that point to her crotch or the tights and embellished sandals combo are the most cringe-worth part of this outfit. Kudos for taking a risk, though!

2) Florence Welch in Gucci

3) Zendaya in DSquared2

4) Helen Lasichanha

5) Demi Lovato

Barnard First-Year trying to figure out life (read: get into Taylor Swift's clique).