This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Bacchanal may be over, but it’s never too late to start preparing for next year. Our very own Her Campus Barnard confidante, Halle, has all the best tips to ensure the success of round two.

1. I lost my friends. How do I avoid this problem in the future?

Does this mean you didn’t put a tracking device in each and every one of your friends?  Oh, awkward.  If you lose your friends at Bacch/Homecoming/mixer/etc. you simply make new ones!  Ask a friendly-looking stranger where the nearest bathroom is and then start a conversation.  When they ask you if you still need a bathroom, just tell them “nah, the feeling’s passed.” This will surely make a great first impression.  New BFF alert!

2. What do you do at Bacch when you don’t know any of the lyrics?

Just silently mouth the words to “Hey Now” [This Is What Dreams Are Made Of] from the Lizzie McGuire movie.  No one will know the difference.  Don’t kid yourself. You know all the words and they’re much better than that Rae Schermerhorn’s “I Ain’t Got No Type.”

3. Thoughts on going out the night of Bacch?

Bless your soul if you do.  I personally slept from 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM, woke up, had a bucket of french fries, and went back to sleep.  To be honest, I forgot to feed my cat that day and am ashamed.

If you’re adamant about going out, then put on a new bra, down a bottle of Gatorade, and rally for your life.  Spoiler alert: it probably won’t end well because you’re dehydrated, exhausted and may pass out in ‘da club.’

PS: You can submit your very own questions for Halle by using this link.

**Disclaimer: This article is a personal piece and does not reflect the views of Her Campus Barnard or Her Campus Media.