This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

You can have a basic understanding of someone’s personality by asking them a very simple question: who’s your favorite One Direction member? While all great during their 1D days, the boys had extremely different personalities. If you’re a hardcore fan who has probably watched every single video diary and interview and kept up with  their solo careers; there is a strong chance that your favorite member may reflect aspects of your personality. Or maybe the college that attend. Which is why, in today’s article, I’m going to be assigning all four undergraduate colleges of Columbia University a One Direction member.

general studies

Undoubtedly, Zayn Malik. If General Studies were a person, they would be a man of few words, mostly keeping to themselves, quiet. However, every time they speak, absolute pure wisdom comes out. You’re just like Zayn, he doesn’t speak much in interviews, he’s probably the one fans know about the least; but when he sings, it’s just pure beauty. Nobody outside of GS has that much knowledge on the admissions process, campus life, or any other matter. Us mere mortals of the other colleges don’t know much about you all. However, when we are lucky enough to have some of you in our classes, your participation is so mind-blowing that we will probably talk about it after class. 

columbia college

I hate to say it, but you are the Harry Styles of the colleges. You are what people imagine when they think of Columbia University. Though all the members of One Direction were extremely talented, we simply cannot deny the fact that Harry was the most popular outside the fandom and was usually the only people who weren’t fans could name. However, would I say Columbia College is the most stylish college? Absolutely not, that award goes to Barnard, no hesitation. Nevertheless, CC gets Harry for being the most known and generally well-liked.

School of engineering and applied sciences

SEAS was the hardest to assign a One Direction member to. Liam or Louis? This was a complicated decision but ultimately I’ve decided you give me Liam Payne vibes the most. Why you may ask? Because you’ve got a certain reputation, but once you get to know people in SEAS, you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Liam is such a sweetheart, but sometimes he’ll word things in ways that make you think, “What is this man trying to say,” and that is exactly how I feel about SEAS people. Also, Liam is so cool and so are women in STEM so…

barnard college

Barnard students are genuinely the nicest group of people you will ever meet and that is why they get the honor of being Niall Horan. He was the life of the party in  One Direction. Niall was the happiest, funniest, most caring individual. Just like him, Barnard students are well-known for caring about those around them. Barnard students are lighthearted individuals who know how to have a great time even in the middle of all the turmoil midterms bring.  You might think I only chose Niall for Barnard because he’s my favorite and I go to BC, but that’s truly not the case. Like I said earlier, your favorite One Direction member could show certain aspects of your personality, so it makes perfect sense that I chose a college that somewhat resembles the sunshine that is Niall Horan. 

Pia Velázquez is a Junior at Barnard College majoring in Political Ecology and Human Rights,