Columbia Queer Alliance Presents ‘Coming Out Muslim: Radical Acts of Love’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Join Columbia Queer Alliance and Queer Awareness Month for the play, Coming Out Muslim: Radical Acts of Love, Friday, October 5, 2018 at 6:00PM. The performers are Wazina Zondon and Terna Hamida Tilley-Gyado.  Now more than ever, we must recognize and celebrate all of our identities, especially those that are presumed to be incompatible. As queer and/or Muslim students, this will be a night for strength, healing, and power. As allies, it will be a night to bear witness to the power of stories and to reaffirm our commitment to acting in solidarity with our queer and/or Muslim siblings. 

More about the performers:

Terna (say Tayna) is a Nigerian/ Liberian/American artist, facilitator, and healer currently based in the Boston area. She holds an MA in Counseling Psychology and Global Mental Health. She also holds graduate degrees in International Conflict Analysis and Teaching. She was a NYC public school teacher, has worked at the UN, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) and the Anti- Defamation League.

Wazina Zondon is a sexuality & social justice-minded educator. She has worked in a variety of dynamic settings and communities on issues related to holistic sexuality and its intersections at the crossroads of race, class, gender, and religion. As an organizer and educator, she has trained in settings from multi-national corporations to elementary schools around the nation.

Buy your tickets here: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pe/10335868

Rachel Beinus

Columbia Barnard '21

Rachel is a current junior at Barnard College studying history, as well as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Columbia Barnard. Not only does she enjoy writing, but she also loves Myers-Briggs personality types, fashion, and chocolate.