Blake Lively Preserves her Spotlight with New Lifestyle Website

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

This past summer, Blake Lively launched her new lifestyle website entitled “Preserve.” At first glance, the site’s overall essence seems somewhat arbitrary. It is an endeavor that strives to be part magazine, part e-commerce hub, and part philanthropic function. The website defines itself as “all of us, together, championing the goods, makers and legends that instill meaning inside the moments of our lives. The curios that cozy our homes, the threads that define our silhouettes, the foods that leave our bellies happy, the projects that mean everything to us.” On a positive note, 5% of the site’s profits go toward charitable non-profits. Preserve’s first goal is listed as providing meals to 5,000 children, blankets to 2,000 children, and warm sweatshirts to 2,700 children within the US.

Lively further explains her vision for her new website in her editor’s letter – she describes it as a “creative space,” a platform for “people, stories, essays, videos, and goods which hopefully inspire your home, your style and your tongue…There’s expensive stuff, inexpensive stuff. And everything in between. But their value is up to you. We may romanticize it, calling it treasure. What we’re really saying is, we see worth on every level.” Perhaps the editor needs her own additional editor, but overall she’s trying to connect with people and use her influence in a positive way.

This wide range of “stuff” is most easily represented in the online shop that holds a wide variety of unique items, at a wide range of prices – from a World Marquee priced at $2,000 to barbeque sauce and rub for $25.

While some of the prices may be steep for the college student, the cute décor, whimsical jewelry, heartwarming stories of families, and romanticized videos are indeed their own sort of treasures. Thus, Lively’s obscure intentions are somehow successfully met.

Check out Lively’s new site here