Between the Sheets: 5 Ways to Transform Your “Morning After” Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.
You went out last night, looking fabulous, and let’s just say you wake up somewhere without access to your wardrobe, in last night’s clothes, which, cute as they were at 12am, aren’t your typical Sunday morning look. Here’s how to transform that morning-after look to avoid the walk of shame.

1) If the issue is: Scandalous shirt
I’m all about the strappy/ cropped/ low-cut looks for a night out. But they are a tell-tale sign that you haven’t been home yet. If you want to make your way back home on the DL, why don’t you just grab his (assuming you’re at a guy’s place*) oldest graphic tee, and walk out of their looking comfy-Sunday chic**.

Image via Ralph Lauren

2) If the issue is: Mini-skirt and heels
You were working it last night, showing off those perfectly sculpted SoulCycle legs. But today…. Not so down to walk past the worshippers at St. Patricks in your mini with heels? No problem. Where do you think the original boyfriend jeans came from? (Hint – Not Zara.) Grab his shabbiest old jeans, and look like you walked off the runway. Bonus – they look best with heels anyway!

Image via thebooandtheboy

3) If the issue is: Makeup Meltdown
You may have slaved over that smoky eye last night, but today you look like a hungover raccoon and your Sephora facial cleansing wipes are nowhere to be seen. No stress, most people keep either Vaseline, moisturizer, hair conditioner, or, in cases of dire need, olive oil that will all remove that mascara that somehow made its way to your chin. Or you can just keep these with you.

Image via babycenter

4) If the issue is: You absolutely refuse to ever put those heels designed by the devil himself back on your poor, abused feet.
One word: Uggs. Maybe not the most stylish, but comfier than your heels and cuter than his clown-sized Vans.

If people can forgive Kate Hudson, they can forgive you too.
Image via cutestboots

5) If the issue is: Wow, does this dress feel even tighter after 6 beers?
Hoodies. If it’s cold, throw it on and no one will ever know. If it’s not cold, tie it around your waist and people will think you’re a super-cool hipster, and also no one will ever know.

Image via MTV

Bonus:
You looked hot last night, you probably still look hot now. If you want to rock that club look all day long, who’s to say that’s not #awesome.

*If you’re at a girl’s place – lucky you! Far less creativity required.
** I do not condone theft – maybe leave a thank-you note?