Best and Worst: Oscars Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.
Our Events Editor, Leora, is bringing you her comprehensive Best and Worst Dressed list from last night’s Oscars.

I don’t think I have ever said this about an awards show, but for the first time, I was disappointed with the majority of outfits worn at last night’s Oscars.  Honestly, I’m scared…what on EARTH were all of these celebrities’ stylists thinking when they dressed their gorgeous, talented, and brilliant clients for Hollywood’s biggest night in fashion? The frightening part is that I’m sure it took a whole team to decide what their client should wear to the Oscars. Among that entire team, not ONE person questioned whether this dress was the right choice for their client? I find it hard to believe, but alas, mistakes can happen… multiple times… on the same night… at the same event. 

Among many others, here are some of the worst looks (Sorry, everyone. I do love you all as people, but you could do better next time): 

Amy Poehler in Andrew GN

Kate Winslet in Ralph Lauren

Reese Witherspoon in Oscar de la Renta 

Kerry Washington in Atelier Versace

Rachel McAdams in August Getty Atelier 

Brie Larson in Gucci

(Congrats, girl, but I can’t give you credit for everything.)

Despite this collective, major lapse in judgement, there were a few looks that I loved:

Naomi Watts in Armani Prive

Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein

Rooney Mara in Givenchy

Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive 

Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture

Leora Herman

Columbia Barnard