Best and Worst: Golden Globes Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.
Between finally getting to the bottom of your Netflix binge list and trying to keep that New Year’s resolution going, you probably didn’t even realize that awards season had begun. That’s right, the Golden Globes, what The Atlantic deems “the precursor to the Oscars,” took place on January 10th while you were finishing your post-dinner power nap. While the myriad of award shows during the next few months aim to acknowledge the talent of the casts and crews that entertained us for the past year, we sometimes find ourselves more interested in what the celebs are wearing than what they are winning. So, without further ado, here are the best and worst dressed stars of the 2016 Golden Globes. 

Best-Dressed

1) Zendaya in Marchesa
Why it’s best: Zendaya absolutely kills in this deep scarlet. While the tiers could be a little heavy otherwise, Zendaya carries off with a youthful elegance and graceful power. 

2) Jennifer Lopez in Giambattista Valli 

3) Amber Heard in Gucci 

4) Jenna Dewan Tatum in Zuhair Murad

5) Saoirise Ronan in Yves Saint Laurent 

Worst-Dressed

1) Regina King in Krikor Jabotian
Why it’s worst: SO. MUCH. GOLD. In addition to the excess of gold, the dress’ white cape is an unnecessary addition that further confuses the eye. Finally, the slit up the middle seems odd and misplaced. Her look from the neck up, however, is classic and gorgeous. 

2) Cate Blanchett in Givenchy

3) Carly Chaikin 

4) Katy Perry 

5) Rooney Mara in Alexander McQueen
Barnard First-Year trying to figure out life (read: get into Taylor Swift's clique).