Back to Campus, Back to Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Hannah Corrie

Hometown: South Sail, NY

On my way back from breakfast, I saw Hannah walking away from Brooks Hall and her outfit immediately caught my eye. Hannah drew her outfit inspiration from both feminine pieces (her floral print pants) and edgy pieces (her black graphic tee and combat boots). Whether its adding a spiked bracelet to a pink baby doll dress or wearing a pair of polka dot flats with a leather skirt, mixing styles is a great way to stand out among the crowd when going back to school.

Name: Ava Reid

Hometown: Hoboken, NJ

I spotted Ava on the way to a required NSOP event, and I loved her take on the classic black and white look.  She’s wearing a white sweater tucked into a black a-line skirt with white socks and short, tuxedo inspired heels. Ava got her inspiration for this outfit from magazines, a source that she draws from very often. To pull outfit inspiration from magazines, you don’t have to get the exact same, high priced items seen on the models. Snap a pic of the outfits you like an take them with you on your next shopping trip to H&M or Target and see if you can get look-alike items for a less expensive price!

Name: Nancy Xie

Hometown: China

Nancy decided to wear a long floral print dress along with a grey cardigan and a cranberry bag to an NSOP event. Nancy pulls her outfit inspiration from many different areas, including art. Nancy proves that fashion inspiration doesn’t just have to come from fashion. It’s important to go out of your style comfort zone every once in a while and switch things up.

Ama Kwarteng

Columbia Barnard

Liana Gergely

Columbia Barnard