This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Angela Batuure

School & Year: CC ’17

Major?

Poli sci with a business and sociology concentration.

What does it mean to be a Lord & Taylor Trendsetter and what made you want to get involved?

Being a Lord & Taylor Trendsetter means promoting a brand I absolutely love around campus! I also help keep students up to date with all the amazing things coming up for Lord & Taylor, especially the launch of the Design Lab which is an awesome new line. I got involved in Lord & Taylor because it is somewhere I shop all the time. I love the clothing there and I wanted to get more involved in a brand I’m obsessed with!

What is the next L&T event or giveaway we should look out for?

We are having the Design Lab launch this Sunday which is something I am super excited about! We will be having a live DJ a professional make up artist, hundreds of dollars worth of giveaways, and of course amazing food. We are going to have macarons and Baked by Melissa cupcakes!! Plus there will be a flash tattoo station which is perfect for Bacchanal. All Columbia/ Barnard students will get a discount on all the Design Lab clothing which is also super awesome! It’s from 1-3 on Sunday!

Favorite Lord and Taylor Item?

My favorite Lord and Taylor item is this 424 Fifth hat I got. It’s super cute and people always ask where I got it from. One of my friends told me I was channeling a very “Dionne from Clueless” vibe which made me even more obsessed with it!

What else is planned for the rest of the semester?

We have tons more giveaways coming up and tons of students have already won $100 gift cards to Lord & Taylor. We table at events and giveaway tons of awesome make up and perfume samples! We will also be at the Kappa Alpha Theta Dodgeball for Casa event.  

Describe your personal style:

Edgy, Classic, Colorful! My style really differs from day to day. Sometimes I wear all black with these really awesome Ash biker boots and a leather jacket, or sometimes I’ll wear bright red or yellow tops, jeans, a headband and knee high boots. It really depends on my mood!

3 items you can’t live without?

Netflix, my Fitbit and my cellphone!